HOW TO STAY SAFE ON A CRUISE: (Provided by Luxury Cruise News)
- Limit Alcohol Consumption - When you are surrounded by sunshine, in a good mood, and on vacation - it is easy to want to drink all afternoon long. Boozy drinks and beers are plentiful both on the cruise ship and while at port, but - you want to be aware of how much alcohol you are consuming. Limiting your alcohol consumption can allow you to be more aware of your surroundings, and you will feel better by the end of the day too!
- Be Aware - As you adventure throughout the ship and explore at ports, keep alert, be aware. When you know what's going on around you, it is easier to avoid trouble. You can have fun while still keeping an eye on your surroundings.
- Keep a COPY of all Important Documents - IT's a good idea to keep an electronic and paper copy of all essential documents, like your passport. You want to be able to produce a copy if you end up losing your passport and need a replacement. Plus it is best to have important information handy at all time.
- Put Valuables and Cash in your Safe - Losing a big wad of cast or expensive valuable during a cruise can be stressful and upsetting experience. Make sure that you hide away all valuable and extra cash. Only bring some of your cash and credit cards with you when you go to explore off shore. Your cabin will have a safe, so be sure to use it.
- Register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program - The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) program (https://travelregistration.state.gov/) is a free service for U.S. citizens who plan to travel abroad. You can enter all your essential details, contact information, and travel dates and plans before you leave for your cruise or travel. This service makes it easy for the U.S. Embassy to get a hold of you or your family if an emergency occurs.
- Bring Medicine with You - If you have prescription medicine, be sure to bring it with you when you are on and off the cruise ship. You want to have access at all times, in case of a medical emergency - it is a good idea to keep the "Pills" in a prescription bottle and check with Dr. to have a replacement prescription written in case you need to refill while on vacation.
- Check Weather Conditions - If you are planning to take part in excursions while at port, be sure to check the weather conditions ahead of time. you want to be sure that it is safe while you are snorkeling, surfing, or enjoying any other outdoor or water-based activities.
By following these tips, you can stay safe and have fun on your next cruise and/or vacation. Keep on sailing and traveling Cindy:)